This Week on The Land Show with Dave and Johnny:
- Captain David Hare, owner of Alex City Guide Service, gives us the fishing report on Lake Martin. He talks about the striped bass bite and also how COVID 19 is effecting fishing on the Lake. www.alexcityguideservice.com
- Chuck Allen joins us to discuss the Cahaba Lily Festival coming up in West Blocton on May 16, 2020. https://cahabalily.com/
- Chris Wood, owner of Pond Pro and agent with SELG, gives 3 tips for improving your sport fish pond. www.selandgroup.com/agents/chris-wood
- Fred Hanners shares the Farmland Report about what is happening in the Wire Grass region of the state. www.selandgroup.com/agents/fred-hanners
Download this episode
- Dave – Well Johnny B it was another great show, man. Kind of the water show today.
- Johnny – That’s right.
- Dave – We had a lot of, it was kind of the water series and we started off with a great friend of the show, been on several times. You know, one of our favorite guests, Captain David Hare. He was chopping at the bit to get back in the water. He’s been shut down for a while. Alex City Guide Service, catching those big stripe on Lake Mark.
- Johnny – Captain Dave is the official stripe fishing guy. Even though he’s not up there, and then we talked to Mr. Chuck Allen with the Cahaba Lily Festival that’s coming up on May 16th there in West Blocton. He gave us all the information about that. It’s something you really want to check out. If you ever get the chance to see the Cahaba Lilies in bloom you need to do that.
- Dave – Yeah, and we moved from the Cahaba River to ponds all over Alabama and the south. Chris Wood, the pond pro, Pond Pro’s his business, managing bass lakes and all kind of different lakes around the state of Alabama doing a great job and business is good because people been fishing through these tough times.
- Johnny – Oh, for sure. Well it’s a great way to spend an afternoon outdoors, and then we went down to the Wire Grass, talked to Mr. Fred Hanners. Sounds like his business is staying really busy right now and he’s dealing with children at home, doing homeschool, and I got the same thing going on. So there’s just a lot of that kind of stuff. A lot of good stuff happening around the state, and it was great to hear about that on the show today.
- Dave – Yeah it was, and as always we appreciate you watching this podcast review and hope you’ll listen to the entire Land Show with Dave and Johnny.