This Week on The Land Show with Dave and Johnny:
- Anna Brakefield, with Red Land Cotton, joins us to talk about their family farm in north Alabama and the efforts they are taking to assist with making masks for medical workers around the state. www.redlandcotton.com
- David Wright, owner of Wright’s Dairy in Alexandria, discusses his family dairy farm and explains why dairy farmers around the country are having to dump milk on the farm during the virus outbreak. www.wrightdairy.com
- Randall Upchurch talks about current issues facing cattlemen and farmers around the country in our Farmland Report. www.selandgroup.com/agents/randall-upchurch
- Brian Watts gives us an update on timber markets in our Timber Talk segment. www.selandgroup.com/agents/brian-watts
Download this episode
- Johnny – Hey, thank you y’all for listening to The Land Show today. I’m Jonathan Goode. My cohost, Dave Milton, is MIA again today. Man, he’s throwing me to the wolves out here. But we had a great show. Or, because we had some great guests. And our first great guest was Ms. Anna Brakefield. She is the daughter of the owner there at Red Land Cotton up in North Alabama. And talked to us about some great things that they’re doing, the normal products that they make with towels, and bed linens, and those sorts of things. Out of cotton, they grow on their family farm. And then, how they’ve shifted and they are making masks for hospitals and doctors with the COVID outbreak. So, it was real interesting to talk to her. And then, we went over to Alexandria, Alabama over near Anniston. We talked to Mr. David Wright who’s the owner of Wright’s Dairy. And he helped us understand what’s going on with dairy farmers and why they are having to dump milk. And the things that we’re reading about in the news we got to hear about from a dairy farmer. So, it was really interesting to get that perspective. Then, we talked to my good friend, Randall Upchurch. He was out on a poultry farm today. He took a break to update us on what’s happening with farmers around the Southeast. And he’s all over the place talking to poultry and cattle farmers. And he kind of gave us the temperature of what’s happening with farmers there. And then, we wrapped it up with Brian Watts, from our Timber Talk section. And he’s just out there. There’s a lot of folks that are thinking about selling timber, doing some thinnings, and clear cuts right now. So, he was actually on his way to meet with a landowner and he gave us some updates on what’s happening there. So, it was just good to get a holistic glimpse of what’s happening in the outdoors. Thank you all for tuning in. If you’ve missed any of the previous episodes go to TheLandShow.com. Check out the Podcast section. You can hear those previous shows. If you have any questions send those to us at email@example.com. David and I always love to get those. And y’all, please make plans to join us next week for The Land Show with Dave & Johnny.