This Week on The Land Show with Dave and Johnny:
- Brandon Jackson, owner of Riverside Fly Shop, talks about the great rainbow trout fishing opportunities just south of the Smith Lake Dam. He joins us from a drift boat in the middle of the river. www.riversideflyshop.com
- Russ Walters talks about recent planting of peanuts and cotton on his family farm in Covington County in the Farmland Report. www.selandgroup.com/agents/russ-walters
- Brian Watts updates us the timber markets around the state of Alabama in the Timber Talk segment. www.selandgroup.com/agents/brian-watts
- Ben Elliott, with Alabama Ag Credit, comes in studio to talk about recent trends in land loans and the great interest rates that are available to buyers at this time. www.alabamaagcredit.com
Download this episode
- Dave – Well, Jonathan, it was another great Land Show. I tell you, I thought it was a tremendous, and speaking of great, we got a great big ol’ guest who came in here today, Big Ben Elliott with Alabama Ag Credit. Ben, thanks for being on the show, you brought a lot of useful information.
- Ben – Hey, it’s always a pleasure to see you guys. I’m glad we’re starting to get to see each other a lot more, and I hope for good things coming out here in the next few months.
- Dave – Yeah. And then we had our first guest. Yeah, thanks again. Thanks for your sponsorship too, we appreciate that. Brandon Jackson with Riverside Fly Shop. Brandon, you know, he’s a great friend of ours, does a great job guiding trout trips there in the tailrace below Smith Lake Dam. He was out in the boat fishing.
- Johnny – Yeah, and then a not-so-great friend of mine, Russ Walters, was on the show. No, I’m kidding, he always gives me grief. But yeah, Russ was on the show, gave us our farmland report today from Covington County and talked about planting all those peanuts. I think they planted 900 acres of peanuts and cotton last week, and that’s a lot of time in the seat, man.
- Dave – Yeah, I know. And then we went from the, we went from the farm to the woodlands, didn’t we?
- Johnny – Yeah, that’s right, we talked to Brian Watts, who is the president of our Timber Sales Division, and a lot of good harvest stuff going on. Gave us updates on timber markets around the state. If you got white oaks, it’s not a bad time to sell that right now, is it?
- Dave – No, I know, we talked about the battle of the heart and the head with those pretty white oaks. But, folks, thanks for watching this video review of The Land Show. Be sure to listen to the real thing, and, as always, we appreciate you listening to The Land Show with Dave & Johnny.